West Yorkshire Bus Stations
Brentwood have worked on numerous commissions in relation to several projects within bus stations in West Yorkshire, such as Calderdale, Keighley & Bradford Interchange.
The ongoing works, which are largely electrical, come as part of a larger programme to maintain passenger transport infrastructure and the comfort and safety of bus stations and waiting areas, which is managed by the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA).
Project appointments included:
• Electrical condition surveys
• Audits of electrical installation works
• External and internal station lighting schemes such as high mast lighting
• General power and lighting
• Fire alarm installations
• Bus shelter refurbishments comprising of specialist power provisions and lighting real time displays for bus information
The refurbishments incorporated updated lighting using LEDs. A transition from regular fluorescent lighting to LED (light emitting diode) lighting has meant increased energy efficiency and reduced maintenance.
Having developed a mutual understanding and fostered an excellent working relationship, Brentwood continue to work closely with West Yorkshire Combined Authority in further projects.
Image: Watson Batty Architects